Special Occasions when dating can be awkward, unless someone steps up to initiate the discussion around how to celebrate them. With "Love is in the Air" and "Valentine's Day" hearts, candy, balloons, gifts, the color pink and red an ads everywhere... how can one avoid not wanting to feel special. Well if you've got someone around, but aren't an official couple, we've got tips to help the day go over smoothly.
1. Let him know if you want to celebrate. Talk about it & make a plan!
2. Plan to do something that isn't super romantic.
3. Make Your Own Plans - just in case. Wine, candy, cupcakes or 50 Shades Darker party.
4. Exchange Gifts (nothing too expensive- can't go wrong with sweet & simple, although over top gets him an A+++).
5. Limit Your Expectations (you haven't been dating long).
6. Evaluate The Relationship - ask yourself how you felt, if you had a good time and did you have the experience you imagined.