Join the National Museum of Mexican Art for the annual Día de los Muertos Xicágo celebration on Sunday, October 29th from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Bring your friends and loved ones to celebrate Día de los Muertos as we transform the Museum and surrounding area into a beautiful work of art. To commemorate this special day, guest will enjoy face painting, art activities, ofrenda (altar) demonstrations, live musical performances, and Pan de Muerto (traditional Day of the Dead Bread). This year we are thrilled to be joined by Fernando Sic (Rimiyoho), who will create live animations projected on the Museum’s exterior.
Additionally, in Harrison Park, families and individuals are invited to create their own ofrendas (Day of the Dead altars) transforming the soccer field into a festive community gathering place. To create your own ofrenda visit our website for more info: diadelosmuertosxicago.com
Learn and celebrate the Dia de los Muertos Xicago
The Go Dutch Today process is as follows:
- Complete the weekend events survey in the link below by Tuesday 10/24/17 midnight
- GDT will send you profiles of others interested in those events Wednesday 10/25/17
- Choose from those prospects by Thursday 10/26/17 noon
- If there is a mutual liking, we will confirm your pairing(s) Friday 10/27/17 morning. You also confirm you will pay for your portion/cost of the activity.
- 24 hours before the event GDT sends a reminder
- Day of you SHOW UP, STAND OUT & SNAG someone. Oh and of course have fun
This is an event you don't want to miss. Click here to sign up.